As we all know, breakfast is the most important meal of any day. I make it simpler and easier to remember that fact by dividing the word into “break” and “fast”. By doing that, you will remember that your body is taking a break from fasting (consuming no food) throughout the night. Therefore, your body needs as many nutrients as it can get when you wake up in the morning. Also, it is important to remember that when having breakfast that you should try not to overwhelm your stomach. So you should try to avoid greasy, fatty or heavy meals such as pizza, burgers, pastas etc… And stick to oatmeal, omelets, cereal, veggies or fruits. Keep in mind that you can “pig out” during breakfast and eat as much as you want (not to the point where you can’t move haha) because this meal is the gas that will fuel your body till the end of the day.
(A good breakfast = a good and balanced day.)
My favourite breakfast places/meals (All located in Hamra, Beirut):
1. Café Hamra (Picture above): Offers eggs, break baskets, different cheeses and vegetables which are all incredibly tasty.
2. Ristretto: This is one of those places that appear too small and rigid looking to eat at, but offer a m a z i n g breakfast combos consisting of eggs, hash-browns, sausage and/or pancakes and french toast. Hands down a favourite of mine!
3. ZwZ (Zaatar W Zeit): Also offers a huge breakfast menu but I would recommend the “grilled halloumi”. It’s such a healthy dish because it comes with a plate of vegetables, amaaaaazing tortilla bread and yummy grilled halloumi in a pan.
4. Or you could just have fruits for breakfast (Take advantage if they’re in season!):
5. Yogurt for breakfast: If you are in the mood for something refreshing, cut up some fruits and add up some Muesli to a bowl of yogurt. 🙂
*A fun fact: Based on an old saying, taking a spoonful of honey or olive oil when you wake up (on an empty stomach before breakfast) is said to be beneficial for your body.